Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS)
Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS) is a unique scheme crafted by Government of India. It comes under Dept of School Education & literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development. JSS, are Institutes of People’s Education focusing on the poor, the illiterates, the neo-literates, the under-privileged and the un-reached. JSS offers literacy linked, multi-faceted skill-knowledge-awareness enhancement and outlook formation trainings and empowerment-oriented interventions in respect of social, economic and health. , without insisting on prior educational qualifications and reach out to the clientele in their areas whether near or far. It is the endeavor of JSS to shape their beneficiaries into self -reliant and self-assured employees and entrepreneurs.Objectives
- To improve the occupational skills and technical knowledge of the target group and to raise their efficiency and increase productive ability;
- To provide academic and technical resource support to zilla saksharata samities in taking up vocational and skill development programmes for neo-literates in both urban and rural areas;
- To serve as nodal continuing education centres and to coordinate, supervise and monitor 10-15 continuing education centres/nodal centres;
- To organise training and orientation courses for key resource persons, master trainers on designing, development and implementation of skill development programmes under the scheme of Continuing Education for neo-literates;
- To organise equivalency programmes through Open Learning Systems.
- To widen the range of knowledge and understanding of the social, economic and political systems in order to create a critical awareness about the environment;
- To promote national goals such as secularism, national integration, population and development, women’s equality, protection and conservation of environment etc.